Our core beliefs regarding data protection are:
• Data protection and user privacy are human rights
• We have a duty of care to our clients and those whose data we hold
• Data should only be collected when needed (we hate unsolicited emails and phone calls just as much as you do!)
• We will never, ever sell or make public any of your personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
• Like most websites, our site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
• Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Periodic email updates
• If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within our website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
• Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
• If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
• You will receive periodic (approximately twice per year, three times if we’re really on it) newsletter-style emails from us.
This is how we keep your data safe, what we store and how we store it:
• If you are a client of ours, we will store contact information and potentially other data about your business that you have shared with us for us to complete work for you.
• We are committed to ensuring we store all personal data as securely as we reasonably can. We take the security of our networks seriously and we will take all reasonable measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• Due to the nature of our work, much of the information we have from clients is confidential. We take this commitment extremely seriously and do not share any confidential information. We will always handle this data carefully and in accordance with Delaware and NY state law.
• However, transmitting data over the internet is never completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Any data you transmit to us is at your own risk. If you are sharing data of a sensitive nature with us, we would strongly recommend using an encryption service such as Send Inc.
• We will never pass on, sell or otherwise distribute contact data or any other data that our clients share with us. We may disclose information about you to any of our employees or subcontractors where it is necessary for the delivery of the services purchased. However all of our employers and any freelancers we work with are also contractually obliged to never pass on, sell or otherwise distribute contact data or any other data that our clients share with us.
• In addition, we may disclose information about you:
– where we are required to do so by law
– in connection with any legal proceedings
• We take the confidentiality of our clients very seriously and never share information between clients without their express permission. We will not add your contact details to our mailing list unless you ask us to, and we will never share any of your data with other clients.
This website uses things called Cookies to ensure your experience of the site, and our ability to improve it is enhanced. Specifically, the following Cookies are in use:
– Google Analytics (3rd party). We use this to see how many visitors we are getting, and how they found us. You can find out more about Google Analytics’ Cookies here:http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics